Artists and Communities
BIG WEST FESTIVAL 2017 CALL OUT!
Big West Festival is highly regarded for its strong, place-based performance program and our curatorial approach to developing a diverse body of work for, by and about Melbourne’s western suburbs.
Big West Festival embraces bold, innovative, experimental and beautiful ideas expressed through a curated body of work. We invite proposals that compel and capture your imagination and stretch you as an artist.
Big West is keen to continue to support cross-sectoral works engaging local creative industries such as engineers, metal smiths, architects, traders – you name it!
We are interested in site-specific art of any genre – sculptural, visual, sound, performance, dance, digital - intercultural, interactive, processional, tiny, immersive … up to you!
Big West only mounts artworks which have not previously been seen in Australia. We do not accept remounts.
- clearly articulates a starting point for a new creative idea
- employs an experienced community worker if you wish to work with community groups
- demonstrates existing links with communities / orgs in the west
- might nominate partnerships with industries, non-arts orgs, communities and/or sites
- can be for people of any age
- can be for a work written in any language
- can be intimate or large scale
- is manageable
Preference will be given to intercultural projects.
To apply, you must be…
- a resident of or work in Melbourne’s western suburbs (Maribyrnong, Wyndham, Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Melton LGAs)
- A professional artist or
- A community who seek to work closely with a professional artist or
- An arts company or
- A non-arts organisation who wish to partner with an arts organisation
Big West Festival offers you:
- Marketing and promotion support
- Support with funding applications
- Artistic networks and advice
- Assistance to broker relationships with local communities/business
Speak to us first!
All applicants must call or email General Manager on 9689 4880 or email@example.com to discuss your application prior to submission.
Submissions received without a prior conversation will not be accepted.
Closing date for submissions:
17 April 2016
Big West relies on the good will and hard work of our volunteers to get our events and programs off the ground. We are seeking enthusiastic, reliable and friendly folk to assist us in 2016 in the following key areas:
- production and project management
- working with the community
If you are interested in lending a hand at Big West Festival please contact Amber Stuart amber(at)bigwest.com.au Ph 03 96894880.